You are only limited by your imagination. Everything is real if you want it to be...even dead fairies.
|Bag of Flies and Bag of Bugs - Spirit Halloween- just stick em' and pin em'|
|Small plastic eggs - Factorydirectcraft.com. Colored with felt markers. Shave a bit off one side of the egg, glue down.|
|Bag of Cockroaches and Bag of Insects - Spirit Halloween, just stick em' and pin em'.|
|Bag of Bats - Spirit Halloween, just stick em' and pin em'.|
|Fang Bracelet from Dollarama - break apart, paint a few white, glue and pin down.|
( 25cm x 18cm x 3.5cm)
Raid your local Dollar Stores, Dollarama, Dollar Giants and Halloween supply stores for all the creepy critters you can find, bug, flies, little skeletons, bats, teeth...you get the idea!
|Click on the picture to get the link for the labels.|
1. Apply either black paint or wood stain to each shadow box covering all wood surfaces. If it makes the process easier and neater mask of the glass on both sides with painters tape.
2. Apply a coat of varnish (not necessary- your choice).
3. From black foam core board cut a piece that will fit snugly into your frame. This will be the backing on which all your creepy critters will be glued and pinned.
4. Trace around the foam core piece onto a piece of grunge-style scrapbook paper. Cut out and adhere to the foam core piece itself.
5. Apply glue to the inside of the frame and push the foam core/grunge paper stack into place. Let it dry for a few minutes.
6. Print and cut out the labels. Gather your creepy critters and lay everything out in the frame. Don't pin or glue anything down until you have spaced everything out. Once your satisfied, shut the door and see that everything is visible and not hidden behind the door frame, glue and/or pin your critters into place.
NOTE: You may have to use a pair of pliers to nip a segment off of the pin so that it goes through the foam core but does not stick up so far that the door cannot close.
7. Apply a picture hook to the back and hang.
I'll be posting a picture of mine when I set up my Halloween apothecary - I CAN"T WAIT.