Each year I make that little sumthin' as creepy and original as I can so this year I made a box of treats fit for the dead! Weird right...oh ya!! Can't wait to hand this out to a deserving haunter.
|Cemetery Treats Fit For The Dead|
1. Paint the outside edges of the largest box with Avocado Dip acrylic paint and the entire interior with Black Green acrylic paint. Paint the four little boxes over the entire surface of the interior and exterior with Black Green. Apply a water base sealer to the painted surfaces.
2. Download and printout three sheets of gravestone paper.
3. Cover the sides of the large box as well as the sides and top of large box lid.
4. Stamp sides and lid of large box with spiderwebs, tint edges of box with Tim Holtz distressing inks.
5. Purchase, download and print out the collage sheets from Artchix Studios. Decorate the large box with the images of your choice from these sheets. Link addies to the sheets can also be found on the supplies list.
Untold Sorrows Digital Collage Sheet
Mystery Digital Collage Sheet
6. Print off the Graveyard Dirt labels for the glass vials. Labels are on page two of the supplies list. Cut out, age with a gentle sandpaper rubbing, tint with a light pass of distressing inks. Use double sided sticky tape to secure a label to each vial.
7. Print off the labels for the small boxes which are on page two of the supplies list. Cut out, age with a gentle sandpaper rubbing, tint with a light pass of distress inks. Use double sided sticky tape to secure a label to each box.
8. Fill the vials with the following or a combination of the following:
crushed Teddy Grahams, black sugar sprinkles, chocolate sprinkles and crushed graham wafers.
HOW TO MAKE EDIBLE RUSTY COFFIN NAILS
Cut the non-chocolate dipped ends of the Pocky Sticks off.
Cut each stick in half, make the cut as even across as possible.
Using a "clean" pencil sharpener sharpen one end of each of the sticks.
Melt 2 to 3 tblsp. of choc chips in a small bowl in the microwave
[my method for melting choc chips in microwave: 1 minute on medium,
stir, one minute on medium, stir]
Retrieve sticks and chips from fridge, dip straight cut end of a stick in melted choc chips, press against the center of a choc chip on the flat side, hold in place for a few seconds, leave in place until set.
Repeat with remaining sticks and chips.
10. Spray the red roses with a light misting of the black color mist.
11. Fill the large box about one third full with Spanish moss. Arrange the glass vials, small boxes and roses on top of the moss. Replace the lid.
Now go and find the creepiest haunt in your town or city and say thanks to the haunter for raising the hair on the back of your neck!!
|Click HERE for download|